This day we decided to go to Rome instead of Venice because the had sold out tickets for the fast train and it was flooded. It did not bother me that we went to Rome because I wanted to go to both Roma and Venice. We woke up very early to catch the train our train left at 7:30. Ed almost got left by us but he managed to catch up. We went on the train it was beautiful I felt like i was in first class and really I was not but thats how beautiful it was, the scenery outside was amazing as well. After about 2 hours or so we reached our destination Roma! There our professors told up that we can go with them our we can do our own thing. We chose to do our own thing because we wanted to go to Vatican City, we had been told if we don't go there first we wont make it to see it because the line is about 2 hours so we took that chance. We went to Vatican City and ate some delicious Italian food. After that thank god for the rain it scared the tourist away but not us, we got to the church and did not have to make any line once so ever. It was amazing. After that we walked out the church and I spent a ridiculous amount of money on rosary beads. We then went to the fountain of Trevi it was beautiful and huge, we went to the spanish steps, and then The Roman Colosseum. I left Rome mesmerized by how beautiful it was even though it was raining ridiculously that day, I had never seen such beautiful monuments and culture all together. It was history that I had learned about and seen pictures of but actually seeing it right there before me was truly an amazing opportunity and I was lucky enough to experience it. After we got back from Roma we were exhausted but still went out we didn't have to wake up early so took advantage of that fact and went to club twice. Once we got there we walked right into VIP no line etc and got a bottle of champaign popped for us it was nice. Even though I went in sneakers, Aura in flip flops and Nicole as well in sneakers we had a blast I felt weird though because i was in sneakers but we had no other choice our other shoes were soaked and our feet were blistered and in pain from walking around Rome in wet shoes for hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment